Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Some New Work

While I am going to be leaving tommarow for the funeral of my mother-in-law in South Eastern Wisconsin, I am still going to try to get a little work done if nothing else, while on the road. This weekend I did a little discovering and found out that I really like a certain art style. This style is a cross between illustration and cartooning and can be very intricate, the style is the very same one that childrens author Richard Scary and Mad Magazines Sergio Aragonés have been doing for years but its got a bit of "tangleing" too it as well. I sat in front of the tv for a couple of hours and came up with both of these pieces. They are SUPER relaxing and you can just let your mind wander while drawing, perfect after whats been going on around here!

"Chess Pieces" Technical Pen & Ink, original size approx 4" x 4"

"Doodle-ton" Pencil, original approx 8.5" x 11"




We leave EARLY tomorrow am. This is anything BUT a vacation, but I want to make it good for Shannon.

No comments: